Next class: November 2019 (11/1 to 12/14/19)
- Help others in their recovery journeys -make something of your life
- Personalized approach, mentoring & job support, self-care
- Learn the evidence-based best practices for Peer Services
- Priority given for Peer Specialists (consumer, family, parent and/or caregivers) and volunteers in the public mental health system
- Most comprehensive Peer Specialist Training for those working or wishing to work in the mental health system
- Meets the requirements for Los Angeles Count DMH training and for National Peer Certification Training
Now registering for Peer Services 101:
Peer Services 101, which includes seven days of instruction along with homework assignments and required self-help support group attendance,
will be held Friday-Sat. Nov 1& 2, Nov. 15 &16, Dec. 6&7 and Dec. 14.
SHARE! Advanced Peer Specialist Training is a free class for peers in the mental health system. It consists of three consecutive courses:
- Peer Services 101
- SHARE! Peer Toolkit
- Peer Bridging
Participants will earn a certificate for each course they successfully complete.
You can expect to spend at least 10 hours a week on homework and support
group attendance in addition to the seven days of classtime.
Please do not apply if this does not fit your schedule.
CLICK: DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION
CLICK: FLYER to share with friends and colleagues
CLICK: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Who is eligible?
- California adults with lived experience of mental health issues,
or the family member of someone with mental health issues,
or the parent/caregiver of a child with mental health issues
- No previous training required.
- The ideal candidate is employed in the mental health system.
Eligible roles include Mental Health Peer Advocates, Peer Partners,
Peer Specialists, Peer Support, Parent Partners, Peer Employment Specialists,
Peer Housing Specialists, Homeless Outreach, Peer Bridgers, Recovery
Coaches, Wellness Outreach Workers (WOW), Community Workers,
Promotoras as well as other such positions.
- People who attend self-help support groups.
- Looking for training in another state? Check the listings at iNAPS.
- Libby Hartigan, Director of Training and Quality Assurance, SHARE!
- LaViva Primm, Trainer. SHARE!
To earn certificate, students must attend each class, complete
homework assignments, conduct field investigations, attend
self-help support groups and pass a final examination.
If you have any questions E-mail email@example.com
or call (310) 305-8878